Business setup in Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM)
The Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM) is one of the preferred places for entrepreneurs in the UAE due to the many benefits it offers. Entrepreneurs from around the world can find in ADGM the perfect place to conduct business since it offers a thriving business community that works along with international best practices.
Major financial centers recognize ADGM as a great location to start a business, for this reason, many business owners and investors consider the Company Formation in Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM).
Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM) Business Activities
To start your Business in Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM) you should first determine your desired business activity. Companies in ADGM focus on three main sectors, which are Wealth Management, Private Banking and Asset Management.
However, in ADGM every investor and entrepreneur is welcomed, since there are many companies that work in non-financial business sectors. Some of the most popular business activities are the following:
- Business training
- IT Consultancy
- HR firms
- Retail Outlets
- Other Professional Services
- Financial Business License: businesses that want to carry out financial activities such as financial advisers, banks, trust service provider and more. Financial Licenses have different categories, so it’s advisable to learn more about it so you can choose the proper one for your business.
- Non-financial Business License: with the Non-Financial Business License, companies can carry out service activities such as telecommunications, electricity supply, water supply, marketing, accounting, waste management, real estate activities and many more according to what’s established in the Law.
- Retail Business License: with the Retail License, businesses can engage in activities such as manufacturing, printing, wholesale and retail trade, transportation and storage, and other retail-related activities according to the ADGM regulations.
Benefits of doing business in Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM)
- 0% corporate and personal income tax
- Total exemption from customs tax
- Complete repatriation of capital and profits
- No currency restrictions
- No foreign exchange controls
- 100% foreign ownership
- Privileged location near the heart of Abu Dhabi
- Access to diverse and multicultural population
- Possibility to conduct business in a leading financial center
- Flourishing business landscape
- Easy and fast business set up process
Business entities in Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM)
In ADGM you can find several types of entities. In this regard, an investor can choose the perfect legal structure that suits its preferred business activity and nature of business. The ADGM Authority allows the following types of legal structures:
- Limited and Unlimited Companies: A Limited Company can be limited by shares or by guarantee, depending on the liability of its member. If the owners decide that there’s not limit on liability, then it will be considered an unlimited company.
- Private Company: the Private Company is the one that’s registered as a restricted scope company or limited by guarantee, i.e. association
- Public Company: a Public Company is a company limited by shares that has stated in its certificate of incorporation that is a public company.
- Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnership
- Investment Company
- Cell Company
Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM) License costs
The cost of starting a business in Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM) should be considered if you’re planning on establishing an entity in ADGM. It’s essential to know that you will have to incur in several expenses for registration and licensing. Some of the most relevant fees are the following:
- Application fee: starts from AED 18,000
- License fee: starts from AED 18,000
- Trade name reservation: starts from AED 800
- Office rent: starts from AED 200 per sq. m. for fitted offices and a one-desk office in ADGM Business Center can start from AED 70,000
Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone (ADGM) Innovative Facilities
In ADGM there are many facilities to choose from to establish your business and carry out your operations from this strategic location.
Since ADGM is a Financial Center, there is a vast range of options of offices and warehousing units that you can select, and some of them are the following:
- Private offices: a fully furnished office with high-speed internet from where you can conduct your business.
- Temporary offices: investors can find a physical space from where to carry out their activities but in a short-term period.
- Co-working spaces: entrepreneurs and startups may prefer to choose a desk space in a shared office environment, with outstanding policies that respect each business needs.
- Office suite: in ADGM you can rent an office with a meeting room that allows you to conduct your business easily
- Warehouses: to carry out the retail activities and more in ADGM
- Land plots: investors can build their own facilities by leasing or purchasing a plot of land