In the last years, Dubai has become one of the most preferred places to live for entrepreneurs and investors. Hundreds of foreigners have decided to start a new journey in this Emirate and bring their families with them. However, to do so, they first have to comply with certain regulations. The way in which the government ensures that these requirements are met is by issuing a visa, in this case, the family visa in the UAE.
In this article, you will learn the most important factors about the family in the UAE. We will cover the rules and requirements to obtain one, as well as the cost and availability of this visa. Lastly, you will discover how a specialized agency can make this process easier and faster. Let us observe:
- Why do so many people consider Dubai the region’s best place to live?
- Initiatives taken by the Dubai government regarding family visas
- What is a family visa in Dubai?
- Rules and requirements for a Dubai family visa
- What are the documents required for a family visa in the UAE?
- When can you apply for a UAE family visa?
- Cost of a family visa in Dubai
- How to apply for a family visa in Dubai
- Why should you outsource your visa processing?
- Frequent questions about the Dubai family visa
- How can Connect Services Middle East help you?
1. Why do so many people consider Dubai the region’s best place to live?
Dubai is a vibrant destination. Whether you are on the Mainland or in a free zone, this place is known for its cultural diversity, advanced infrastructure, and its many job opportunities. For this reason, each day more people consider Dubai as the ideal place to do tourism, start a new business or seek new professional opportunities.
Some of the strongest aspects of living in Dubai are the following:
This Emirate has an ever-growing economy, and you can easily see it in every corner. From the constantly-evolving infrastructure to the number of businesses opening every day, Dubai has proven to be a stable business hub and the epicenter of investment in the Middle East.
1.2 Low taxes
One of the most attractive aspects of Dubai for investors is the corporate tax regulations. Compared with other locations around the globe, Dubai offers very low taxes. This allows investors to maximize their profit margin and grow at a faster pace.
1.3 Health, transport, education
One of the many reasons why Dubai has flourished the way it has is because the government has heavily invested in the infrastructure, education, and healthcare sector. In the UAE, and more specifically, in Dubai, you can get the highest-quality healthcare while sending your children to the best schools.
Besides being a destination filled with luxury, Dubai is one of the safest places in the world. This is due to its strict policies, laws, and its reliable and hardworking police force.
2. Initiatives by the Dubai government regarding family visas
In 2019, the UAE government decided to make amendments to the family visa regulations. These changes are the following:
- Since 2019, any employed male resident can sponsor their immediate family on a minimum wage.
- The educational background will not be a condition anymore. The residents’ income will be taken into account instead.
- Female residents must hold a residence permit that states that they have a degree in one of the eligible professions. She must be a teacher, engineer, doctor, or work in a profession related to the medical sector. She must also earn a monthly salary of at least AED 10,000 or AED 8,000 plus accommodation.
3. What is a family visa in Dubai?
A family visa in the UAE is an official document that allows residents to sponsor their families to live with them in the nation. This includes parents, children, spouses, and siblings. The sponsored person will receive a resident visa, which will allow them to work as well. Note that this visa designation has a validity of three years and it is renewable. This makes it ideal for those who only seek a semi-permanent stay in the country.
While the visa holder can work in the Emirate, they must first obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Labor. In the same way, they can study with this visa, however, it is necessary to register with the Ministry of Education.
A family visa in the UAE is the ideal way for families that wish to reunite. On Connect Middle East, we can assist you through every step of this process. Our main priority is to ensure that you and your family comply with every UAE regulation and receive your visa without complications.
4. Rules and requirements for a Dubai family visa
The requirements for a family visa in the UAE can change depending on your country of origin and your specific case. Some general requirements are:
- Your sponsor must have a valid UAE resident visa.
- The minimum income to become a sponsor is AED 4,000.
- The sponsor must be able to provide accommodation for the family members.
- To become a sponsor, it is necessary to prove your relationship with the sponsored individual.
- The sponsor must be a UAE resident or citizen.
In addition to this, the family members must have a health certificate signed by a doctor approved by the UAE government. During the health check, the family will be required to undergo certain medical tests. For example, blood tests, liver functioning tests, and pregnancy tests for women.
The family must have valid passports for each member and they cannot have criminal records.
5. What are the documents required for a family visa in Dubai?
Among the documents required, you will need to provide original copies of certain documents. Note that you need to have these documents certified in your country of origin. However, since these are often marriage and birth certificates, they will likely already come certified.
The requirements that you will need to gather to apply for a family visa in the UAE are the following:
- Recent passport-size photographs of the applicant.
- A duly filled and signed UAE family visa application form.
- Health fitness certificate.
- Travel itinerary.
- Copy of the passport of the UAE resident and residence visa.
- Attested birth certificates of any children under 21 years.
- A No Objection letter from the sponsor.
- An attested marriage certificate for your spouse.
In some cases, the UAE embassy or the consulate can ask for other documents to apply for a family visa in the UAE. It is important to take this into account as they can ask for any additional supporting documentation to assess your case.
In this situation, working with a dedicated firm like Connect Middle East can come in handy. We will ensure that your paperwork is carried properly while preventing any misunderstanding with the local regulating entities.
6. When can you apply for a UAE family visa?
This is the timeframe within which you can apply for your family’s visa. If you are the resident sponsor, you have 60 days to apply for your dependent’s visa once you enter the country. Keep in mind that this 60-day period starts when you modify your status from a short-term entry permit to a residency visa.
Once the 60-day clock starts running, the applicant must go to the GDRFA office in Dubai to fulfill the process. Remember that at our agency, we will take care of each step of the application for your visa. In this way, you can rest assured that this process will be done correctly by the best professionals.
And, if you are planning to set up a business, we can also guide you, offering you the license that suits you best. For example, we can easily process your commercial license, industrial license, and even professional license, among others.
7. Cost of a family visa in Dubai
The price for the family visa in Dubai is a determinant factor you must take into account before starting this process. The good news is that the cost of this visa is relatively affordable, especially if you compare it to other countries.
Four-member families generally pay around AED 5,000 for their visas. This number includes the cost of processing and issuance, as well as other associated costs. For example, travel insurance or medical exams.
It is important to realize that the cost may vary depending on the number of family members and the length of the stay. However, the price of a family visa in the UAE is, overall, reasonable and should not stop you from getting it.
8. How to apply for a family visa in Dubai
Now that you know the primary aspects of the UAE family visa, here is a step-by-step guide on how to obtain it.
8.1 Gather your documents
Once you hired our visa services, you must gather all the documents shown above and send them to the member of our team in charge of your case. We will then take them to the corresponding entity and the process will start.
8.2 File opening
Once the authorities have all the necessary documents, they will create a new file in immigration. They will also issue an entry permit. Learn more in the next step.
8.3 Get your entry permit
This is a document that allows foreigners to stay in the country legally for a determined period of time. The authorities will give you an entry permit. In this way, you can enter the nation while you process your family visa in the UAE.
8.4 Pass the medical test
As shown above, you must take a medical test to ensure you comply with the health requirements to enter the country.
8.5 Get an insurance plan
Besides the medical test, visa holders must possess medical insurance approved by the Dubai Health Authority.
8.6 Have your visa stamped
At this point, the sponsor must enter the country within 60 days from the date of issue of the entry permit. They must start the process of getting an Emirates ID to proceed with the visa stamping.
9. Why should you outsource your visa processing?
While the process above may seem simple, we often encounter families having trouble doing it alone. This is why leaving this responsibility in the hands of a professional is always the right decision.
Some of the reasons why you should outsource your visa process are the following:
- Money saving: A reputable visa services agency will look for the most affordable way to get your visas while preventing costly mistakes.
- It will ease your burden and save you time: The family visa application can be a complicated and long process. However, hiring a professional service means that someone experienced will take care of all the details on your behalf.
- Increase your chances of success: A specialized agency knows what requirements and documents you must provide, and how to correctly submit your application. This increases your chances of it being approved and enjoying a peaceful residency.
- Peace of mind: Moving to a new country can be a stressful choice. Thinking if your visa will be approved or not should be the least of your problems. Luckily, on Connect Middle East, we can take this weight off your shoulders and help you with everything you need.
10. Frequent questions about the Dubai family visa
If you are still curious about the family visa in the UAE, here are two of the most common questions asked by foreigners who intend to live in this nation.
10.1 How long does it take to process a family visa?
This process, generally, takes around 2-4 weeks. However, it is important to realize that this timeframe can vary depending on some factors. For example, the number of applications being processed at the time. This is why it is highly advisable to check with the relevant authorities to get an accurate estimate of the time.
10.2 What is the minimum salary of the UAE?
The minimum salary for a family visa in the UAE is AED 4,000 per month or 48,000 per year. Applicants who earn less than this amount will not be eligible for this visa. In addition to this requirement, the applicant must also have a valid contract with a sponsor in the country.
11. How can Connect Services Middle East help you?
Since the foundation of Connect Services Middle East, we have characterized ourselves as an efficient firm with a solid reputation. Every single client is a priority to us, and our duty is to make sure to comply with and surpass their expectations. We offer world-class personalized solutions to those looking to establish themselves in this nation.
More specifically, we provide professionals and business owners with the following services, and more:
- Business licensing
- Banking services
- Business consulting
- HR outsourcing
- PRO services
- Corporate sponsorship services
- Business centers
- Work stations
- Smart offices
- Rented offices
- Foreign direct investment
Feel free to request what you need and begin creating your path to success in the UAE!
If you are ready to start your new journey in the United Arab Emirates, our team is just one call away! Our dedicated team is more than prepared to offer you all the necessary solutions to make this process easier for you. Contact us by calling us at +971 43 316 688 or send us an email with all the questions you wish to ask us at email@example.com.
Searching for a new job can be an exhausting task. Luckily, The Talent Point makes things easier for those looking for a job in the Middle East. On this platform, you can link with the best companies and job offers just with a click. Upload your CV to thetalentpoint.com or send it to the best recruiters at firstname.lastname@example.org to start getting new professional opportunities! Contact us for enquiry regarding Company Formation in Dubai | PRO Services in Dubai | Business Setup in Dubai