Foreign domestic help might work in another nation with a maid visa. The employer must sponsor the maid visa if they require a domestic worker.
In this article, you will learn everything about the requirements for obtaining a maid visa in Dubai. Let’s take a look at how to hire a maid in Dubai. It essentially breaks down into a few key areas, including eligibility, the maid’s origin region, and your specific responsibilities when employing and sponsoring a maid. Also, you will read about prerequisites for the maid’s age as well as your financial commitments, and a few other contractual obligations. Let’s observe:
- Documents Required for a Maid Visa in Dubai
- How much may cost a maid visa in Dubai?
- Requirements for the Renewal of a Maid Visa in Dubai
- What do you have to do to cancel a maid visa in Dubai?
- How can Connect Middle East help you obtain a maid visa in Dubai?
1. Documents Required for a Maid Visa in Dubai
- Four color pictures should be the size of a passport (White background).
- Application form completed.
- Sponsor’s original Emirates ID.
- Maid’s actual passport.
- Sponsor’s original passport as well as his or her resident visa.
- Sponsor’s original recent wage slip or a duly documented labor contract.
- Certificate of no relation (if the sponsor and maid are from the same country).
- A copy of the DEWA in the applicant’s name.
- A copy of the sponsor’s attested housing tenancy agreement (EJARI).
- Sponsor’s original marriage certificate (attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Translated in Arabic).
1.1 Some tips that you should know to obtain a maid visa in Dubai
You must be married and the head of your household to acquire a maid visa. In addition, your monthly profits must be at least AED 6,000.
You can sponsor maids from the nations listed below:
- Sri Lanka
Age: All maids must be at least 18 years old. Philippines maids must be between the ages of 30 and 60.
The sponsor must pay your maid’s earnings within ten days of the agreed-upon due date. You must also provide one day of paid relaxation every week and 12 hours of rest per day (including eight consecutive rest hours). You must also provide paid vacation and medical leave (30 days per year).
It is essential to include in the expense of food and lodging, a work uniform or apparel, and, at the absolute least, the cost of a round journey to their home nation every two years.
What are the legal rights and responsibilities of my maid?
- Every week, take one day off.
- There are 24 vacation days in a year.
- You must provide your maid with an airline ticket every two years of service or a one-way ticket if she is not returning.
While the maid and their perks are in the UAE, you are solely responsible for their payment. In addition, you legally have to pay your maid the statutory minimum salary. These minimums depend on the maid’s nationality. They are as follows:
- Sri Lanka – AED 825
- Indonesia – AED 800
- Bangladesh – AED 750
- India – AED 1,100
- Philippines – AED 1,400
You can, of course, pay extra if you desire. It’s always a good idea to contact us directly for the most up-to-date pricing on anything linked to prices.
Here you will find out how you can obtain a golden visa in Dubai.
2. How much may it cost a maid visa in Dubai?
Obtaining a maid’s visa in Dubai is a simple process. This visa can be sponsored by the family’s head of household (typically the male). To apply for this visa, you must have an income of at least AED 25,000, a tenancy contract (showing at least a two-bedroom residence), and an Ejari attestation.
The UAE maid visa in Dubai has a one-year validity duration. Also, this maid visa must be renewed each year. Other UAE work visas are suitable for two or three years. For two years, the total cost would be between AED 16,000 and AED 18,000.
All fees associated with obtaining a maid visa, as well as renewal charges, are mentioned here so you can get an idea of how much money you’ll need to spend for two years.
2.1 The expenses of getting a maid visa in Dubai
There are various elements to consider when calculating the cost of a maid visa in Dubai.
- A refundable payment of AED 2,000 is required once the maid’s entrance permission has been approved. (Note: If the maid’s visa is cancelled/expires and the maid leaves the country, this will be refunded to you.)
- AED 218 for typing services
- AED 5,520 annual charge to UAE Immigration
- Your maid’s medical insurance starts at roughly AED 700 per month.
Prices fluctuate, and a lot depends on the breadth of work that the maid is performing, so it’s worth speaking with us, who can provide you with the most up-to-date pricing information.
3. Requirements for the Renewal of a Maid Visa in Dubai
Housemaids employed in the UAE under the sponsorship of a UAE native or expatriate must renew their visas every year. Only sponsors who have a high salary may recruit these maids.
In addition, visa renewal entails a greater charge, and the sponsor is solely responsible for the visa. The method for renewing a Maid visa under the sponsorship of an expatriate is outlined below.
3.1 Documents required for Renewal of a Maid Visa in Dubai
Fines and grace periods:
The maid visa and Emirates ID must be renewed within the grace period of 30 days following the visa’s expiration.
- The sponsor should have a minimum salary of AED 10,000
- Sponsor’s accommodation should have at least two bedrooms
- Housemaid should pass a new medical test
- Labor contract/salary certificate of the sponsor (attested).
- Emirates ID of the maid.
- A copy of the sponsor’s passport, as well as the sponsor’s residence visa
- Both the maid and the sponsor should have three passport-sized pictures.
- The genuine passport of the maid, as well as the residency visa.
- DEWA copy in applicant’s name.
- Attested tenancy agreement
- Medical certification for the maid.
- Contract of service for a maid.
- Medical fitness cost – AED 325
- Typing fee – AED 200
- Resident visa fee – AED 5,080
- Courier charge – AED 10
It’s important to know that if you apply for the renewal after 30 days from the visa’s expiration date, it will be considered late and impose a penalty fine.
3.1.1 Procedure to renew a maid visa in Dubai
- Take your maid for a medical fitness exam in an authorized clinic or center. Wait for 5 to 7 days previously getting the results.
- Accomplish the residence visa renewal application form.
- Submit all the required documents and pay the fees.
- The maid’s salary will be entered into the updated labor contract, which must be signed by both you (as the sponsor) and your maid.
- After five working days, your maid’s passport with the renewed visa will be sent via courier.
You should be aware that the money you paid during the first visa application will be reimbursed if your housemaid changes to another sponsor or permanently departs the UAE.
4. What do you have to do to cancel a maid visa in Dubai?
First of all, Dubai offers a variety of services to working professionals and business investors. For millions of citizens from all over the world, Dubai offers a wide range of amenities and possibilities. It provides a variety of job opportunities, from office work to working as a housemaid.
So, many individuals hire a housemaid to help them with their day-to-day domestic responsibilities. There is a Dubai visa for every working professional, and a maid is no exception. These visas are just for maids, and they are only valid for a specific length of time with flexible extensions.
- You must accompany the maid to the airport with her passport, labor ID, visa cancellation form, and your passport on the departure date.
- The DNRD/Immigration department can provide you with a visa cancellation form.
- Airport immigration personnel in compliance with the law will put up the cancellation process.
- Provide a copy of the maid’s passport as well as a one-way ticket back to her native country.
When a Visa is revoked, it restricts a person’s ability to stay in a specific country. The visa is usually canceled if the individual requires a different visa or if the length of stay has reached its expiration date.
You must request a visa cancellation, which will result in the termination of both the resident visa and the maid’s card. So, you’ll either have to transfer the visa to a new sponsor or cancel it, as the case may be.
You won’t need to go to the immigration office; the typing center may complete the entire process. The sponsor who is canceling the visa will be responsible for obtaining all necessary documentation.
Note: You may also track the total cancellation of the visa once you’ve started the process.
4.1 The procedure for transferring a maid visa in Dubai
You will have to help in the transfer procedure and complete the steps outlined below to transfer your maid’s visa to the new sponsor.
- Obtain the new sponsor’s contact information.
- You must complete the visa transfer paperwork.
- This paperwork, along with the maid’s passport photo, should be presented.
- Confirm the new sponsor’s financial requirements.
- Submit the labor card, any medical certifications, and a copy of the previous contract.
You can complete the procedure for canceling a Dubai Maid Visa easier than you thought.
The Maid’s Visa should be cancelled 30 days before its expiration date by the sponsor. However, if this is not done, the person will be fined $6 at the typing center.
You must follow a particular protocol in the rare occurrence of a Maid Visa revoked due to a sponsor’s visa change. You will have to help in the transfer procedure and complete the steps outlined below to transfer your maid’s visa to the new sponsor.
If the sponsor has a new visa, you can refund the money spent to avoid canceling the maid’s or dependent’s visa. Because of the lengthy formalities, the entire maid’s visa cancellation process may be rather stressful. To make the process less stressful and more comfortable, the individual should first determine if he or she needs to cancel the visa or have it transferred to the new sponsor.
Here you can learn about how much it costs to renew a trade license in Dubai.
5. How can Connect Middle East help you obtain a maid visa in Dubai?
Now is the moment to cooperate with a professional to ensure that your maid visa application goes successfully. It means you’ll be able to acquire the domestic help you need. Therefore, you’ll be able to cover all of your bases ahead of time and have a seamless application process. When it comes to maid visas in the UAE, you can trust Connect Middle East to provide you with the most up-to-date information daily from people who deal with this.
On the other hand, Connect Middle East is a significant service and commercial center in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates. We will provide you with customized business solutions in Dubai’s Mainland, Free Zones, and Offshore areas.
You may also use our cutting-edge hiring services to find the highly competent personnel you require. Alternatively, if you wish to increase the productivity of your HR department, you may use our payroll and consulting services.
Would you like to contact Connect Middle East to obtain more information about a maid visa in Dubai? If you have any questions, call us on +97143799111. You can email us at email@example.com, and you will talk to one of our representatives who will answer your questions. Contact us for enquiry regarding Company Formation in Dubai | PRO Services in Dubai | Business Setup in Dubai