In the UAE there are many governing bodies in charge of controlling documentation and immigration. Therefore, residents and expats should be aware of how to take advantage of the tools offered by them, and one of these is the ICA smart services.
In this article, you are going to learn more about ICA smart services. Moreover, you are going to understand all the benefits of this tool. Let’s observe:
- What are ICA Smart Services?
- Benefits of ICA Smart Services in United Arab Emirates
- Who are Eligible for ICA Smart Services?
- How much you have to pay for ICA Smart Services?
- How to Access ICA Smart Services?
- We at Connect Middle East Will make your Life Easier in UAE
1. What are ICA Smart Services?
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, also known as ICA, is in charge of regulating the issuance of visas, and many other processes.
In this regard, they have developed a system intending to support citizens, residents, and tourists. This is the ICA smart services. Its purpose is to facilitate the entry and exit of people in the UAE. Moreover, an individual can carry out additional tasks such as vaccine registration, and checking visa status, among others.
Thus, it is an integrated service that anyone visiting the UAE should use. With this centralized portal, each person can access to a wide range of services.
Additionally, it is available 24/7. Therefore, people can use it whenever they want since it has Smart Channels and E-services. And, it also has a mobile application. But, in case you do not want to access it online, you can also use the services by attending one of the ICA offices.
One of the advantages of using this system is that the individual can submit his or her information to process the visa faster and easily.
Here are the 9 priority services you can use through the platform:
- Issue a residence permit.
- Renew a residence permit.
- Issue a new ID Card.
- Renew your ID card.
- Issue the entry permit.
- Issue a new passport.
- Renew your passport.
- Issue your Family Book.
- Modify the Family Book.
2. Benefits of ICA Smart Services in United Arab Emirates
Since the ICA implemented this service, many people have used it to their advantage. Therefore, it offers comprehensive assistance to individuals, travellers, and business owners concerning immigration processes.
Here we have the benefits of the ICA smart services for individuals:
- You can check your application online.
- It is possible to use the services through any device: mobile, laptop, tablet, etc.
- It admits application modifications online.
- Make an appointment for residence entry in case it gets cancelled.
- Check your visa status easily.
- You can check if you have any visa fine.
- It is possible to register your vaccines upon arrival.
- You can update your Emirates ID.
- It has many services available for tourists.
3. Who are Eligible for ICA Smart Services?
Anyone that wishes to travel to the UAE can use the ICA smart services. Whether you are an entrepreneur looking to start your business in Abu Dhabi, or a solid investor expanding their company to Dubai, you can benefit from this system.
All you have to do is register on the website. Thus, registration is open to the following:
- UAE Citizens: Emiratis can register and use services related to them, such as family book services, passport services, Emirates ID services, and others for the sponsored.
- UAE Residents: through this system they can use services related to visa, residency, and Emirates ID. Both for them and their sponsor.
- Visitors: individuals that want to visit the UAE can use the system for services related to entry visas.
- GCC Citizens: they can use services related to the Emirates ID as well as to their sponsor.
- GCC Residents: they can use services related to entry visas.
As you can see, anyone is eligible for using the ICA services. Employees, business owners, freelancers, and representatives in Dubai can take advantage of all the services offered on this platform.
4. How much you have to pay for ICA Smart Services?
To register for the ICA smart services you have to pay a fee for registration. It is a single payment of AED 150 that you have to pay once you have arrived in Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Moreover, you can make the payment online, or at the ICA office.
In case you want to track the progress of your application, once you have paid, you can use several means to do it:
- Online account: with your ICA registration number that was sent by email, you can track your application.
- Contact the ICA call centre: you can call an ICA operator at any moment to ask about your application. They work 24 hours a day.
- Use the mobile App: log into the mobile app and check the status of your application.
5. How to Access ICA Smart Services?
To access the ICA smart services you have to register first. Once you arrive at the airport, you have to go to the Smart Services counter and provide your Smart Number and nationality.
Keep in mind that you must have your documentation with you. If you are planning to enter the UAE, you can carry out the register on arrival easily:
- Download the ICA UAE Smart App.
- Select “Register Arrival”.
- Fill in the data requested: application information, passport, addresses, vaccination, attachments, etc.
- You will be registered and now can use the system.
However, you can carry out your registration before you arrive in the UAE. You can use the ICA Website and fill out the application. Submit it along with your Passport number, visa entry permit, and personal information.
Once you have registered, you can access the system easily. You will receive an email with your ICA registration number. Thus, you can use it to track your applications or to use any other service available on the platform.
5.1 How to use ICA Smart Services
To use the system, you just have to visit the ICA Smart Services E-channel. Once you have entered the website, you can select the service you want to carry out.
Go to the Smart Services Section, and select one of the categories: Citizens, UAE Residents, GCC Citizens, or Visitors. Alternatively, you can use the mobile application.
So, to access the system, you will have to provide your information. It is a very simple process, and intuitive, so it is not difficult to use it.
5.2 How to check visa status and validity
In case your visa has been issued by Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Umm al Quwain or Ras Al Khaimah, you can use the system to check your visa status and validity.
Follow these simple steps:
- Access the ICA Portal.
- Click on “passport information”.
- Select the visa type: “visa” or “residency”.
- Provide your passport number and passport expiry date.
- Select your nationality.
- Click on search.
If everything provided is correct, you will see all of your visa details.
In case your visa was issued by Dubai, you have to use another system. Check it on the GDRFA Amer Portal.
5.3 How to check visa fines on ICA Portal
If your visa has expired or has been cancelled and you have overstayed, you have to pay a fine. To check it you can use the ICA portal and see the exact amount you have to pay.
To do this, follow the next steps:
- Access the ICA Portal and select the service of fines – pay fines.
- If you want to check the fine using the visa file number, provide the information requested.
- Provide your date of birth.
- Click on search.
After that, you will see the amount you have to pay for your visa fine.
5.4 How to check your Emirates ID Card status
Using the ICA platform you can check the status of your ID Card. Moreover, you can renew it, request a replacement, and even request a new Emirates ID Card. You have to follow the next steps:
- Go to the ICA Portal and select the ID Card Status service.
- Enter your Application Number (PRAN) or your Emirates ID Number (just for renewal/replacement).
- After that, click on the arrow and you can carry out the process.
Additionally, you can change or update the data in your Emirates ID Card. However, it is important to notify about the modifications to the IC within 30 days.
According to the ICP, the Emirates ID data must be modified in case of marriage or changes in the wife’s last name. Keep in mind that the fee for changing or updating the Emirates ID data is AED 50.
5.5 What type of services can you do through the ICA E-smart services?
Through the ICA portal you can carry out several processes:
- Multiple Entry Tourism Visa: Individuals from some countries may apply for a visa on arrival, which is known as a multiple entry tourism visa, or e-printout. To apply you have to click under the Visa-Multiple Entry-Tourism for Citizens of Certain Countries. You will have to pay AED 70 for the service fee.
- Multiple Entry, Long-term tourism Visa: All nationalities can apply for a multi-entry long-term tourist visa. This visa is valid for 5 years and it is aimed at family members. You will have to pay AED 650 for the service fee.
- Virtual work residency Visa: individuals can visit the ICA website to obtain a virtual work residency visa. The service fee is AED 300.
- Visa renewal: you can renew your visa easily through Smart Services. You just have to complete the process by submitting your passport, visa, and residence card.
- Visa cancelling: you can cancel your visa simply by login into your account.
5.6 What type of Golden e-services is available on ICA’s portal?
Individuals can apply for a Golden Residence through ICA smart services. The process consists of applying for an entry permit which is valid for six months.
The individual has to determine under which category he or she can apply. Some of them are public investments, real estate investors, doctors, entrepreneurs, investors, engineers, and others. The service fee is AED 50.
5.7 How to do the vaccine registration?
Once you arrive at the airport in the UAE, you have to prove that you are fully vaccinated. This is intending to comply with the health measures established by the Authority.
To do this, you can use the Al Hosn app and register through ICA Smart Travel Services. However, it is not mandatory.
You can do it using the ICA Portal, by providing the applicant information. It is required to upload some documents such as a passport, photograph, COVID-19 vaccination card, and others. Once you have uploaded it you can enter the UAE. This is only for vaccines that are not approved by the UAE.
6. We at Connect Middle East Will make your Life Easier in UAE
Here at Connect Middle East, we understand how crucial it is to have your immigration documentation updated when it is necessary. For this reason, we offer our best Visa Services to individuals looking to obtain a visa.
Furthermore, we help investors and entrepreneurs start their businesses in the UAE. With our wide range of services, we can offer the best assistance. Moreover, we have the best packages with competitive rates. We can help you with the following:
- Freelance visa.
- Business Centers.
- Work Stations.
- Foreign direct investment.
- PRO Services.
- Banking Services.
- HR Outsourcing.
Do you need extra support with ICA smart services? Feel free to contact one of our consultants by calling us at +971 43 316 688 to ask all the questions you may have. Or, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will offer a customized business solution so you can overcome the challenges when doing business in the UAE.
On the other hand, if you have been looking for a job in the UAE, you have to check The Talent Point. Go to thetalentpoint.com to register in some easy steps so you can start applying for the best vacancies available. If you need further assistance, send your CV to email@example.com.