When you decide to incorporate an Offshore Company in Dubai, you have to do it in a specific designated UAE Economic Zone, which is the Jebel Ali Free Zone, most commonly known as JAFZA. This is because this jurisdiction offers many advantages to businesses looking to carry out international business activities.
In this regard, the Company Formation in Jebel Ali Offshore can provide outstanding benefits to business owners and investors that are looking to access international markets but at the same time, enjoy the advantages that the UAE provides.
JAFZA is the preferred place for foreign investors thanks to its flexible and investor-friendly regulations and policies. One of the advantages this place has to offer is that investors can own property in specific areas designated by the Authority.
Steps for incorporating a Jebel Ali Offshore Company
The Business Setup in Jebel Ali Offshore is a pretty simple process. You just have to make sure you have all the mandatory documents and that you comply with the requirements so there are not any delays with the application.
Typically, an offshore company in JAFZA is not present in the United Arab Emirates. Investors just registered here and shareholders generally don’t have a resident visa. Therefore, you can incorporate the company without being present.
Permitted activities for a Jebel Ali Offshore Company
The offshore company formation in uae is highly demanded by foreign investors because it allows them to enjoy from the many benefits this place has to offer. When it comes to the licensing in JAFZA for an offshore company there’s not a business license issued upon incorporation.
The offshore company in JAFZA will receive the Certificate of Incorporation and after that it’s ready to start operations. Since one of the benefits of an offshore company is that you can carry out multiple commercial and service activities, investors can give it a variety of uses:
- International trading: carry out trading activities internationally with your offshore company by establishing it in an offshore area
- Property owning: you can own a property with your offshore company
- International professional services: offer your professional services and carry out service-related activities with your offshore companies to reach a wider audience.
- Holding: an offshore company can be used as a holding company from where investors can manage their business thanks to the holding structure
- Intellectual property rights: you can use an offshore company to register copyrights, trademarks and patents in the name of said company. You can also engage in activities of buying/selling property rights.
Since the business activities are not grouped or limited to a particular business license, you can use your offshore company to carry out a broad variety of activities. However, it’s advisable to group your chosen activities and engage in a sector or industry to obtain better results.
Jebel Ali Offshore Company Formation costs
One of the cheapest offshore company formation in uae is in JAFZA. Here we have the jebel ali free zone license cost:
- JAFZA company setup cost: starts from AED 18,000
- Share capital: minimum of AED 10,000
- Registration fee: AED 10,080 (one-time payment)
- Annual renewal: AED 11,000
Keep in mind that the annual renewal is highly important and you must carry out the necessary formalities to do it. In case you don’t want to continue operating with your offshore company in JAFZA, you must carry out an official liquidation which costs about AED 8,000.