Once you get your UAE Residence Visa, you also obtain your Emirates ID. Since you have to keep this document updated, it is important to know how to check the emirates id status.
In this article, you are going to learn more about the emirates id status. Furthermore, you are going to understand how to replace it, apply for it, and much more. Let us observe:
1. What is the Emirates ID?
The Emirates ID Card is a document that the UAE issues to all individuals that apply for a UAE Residence Visa. Therefore, all UAE Residents must carry an Emirates ID with them. Your Emirates ID is issued after you get your residence visa. Thus, both documents have the same validity.
In simpler words, it is the official identification card of the United Arab Emirates. So, if you want to comply with the law, you need to have this document with you. Moreover, you have to keep your emirates id status in order.
Your Emirates ID consists of 15 digits. It is a unique number, thus two persons cannot have the same number. It contains critical information, and it is important to understand it:
- 1st section: it is the UAE international code (784) and it is the same in all Emirates ID Cards.
- 2nd section: it usually is your birth year. But, this is not always the case on all cards.
- 3rd section: it is a randomly generated number
- 4th section: it is a single digit from 0 to 9, which is a verification number
Thus, your Emirates ID is personal and will remain the same even if you cancel your UAE Visa. You cannot modify or amend your number.
2. Why is your Emirates ID status important?
Your Emirates ID card is an essential document in the UAE. For this reason, you should know how to check your emirates id status to keep it updated.
It is a crucial piece of identification in the Emirates, and thus you can use it for a variety of purposes. Whether you are residing in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, or any of the free zone regions of Sharjah, Umm al Quwain, Fujairah, Ajman and Ras Al Khaimah, you will need to use your Emirates ID for several processes, such as follows:
- Rent an apartment or a house where you can live
- Register a vehicle
- When applying for government services like DEWA, or others
- If you plan to sponsor your dependents with a family visa
- Open a bank account
- Pay internet and utility bills
In addition, you will need to use your Emirates ID when you travel, since you will have to present it at the immigration gates.
So, if you live in the UAE, whether you are a UAE Citizen, GCC national or expatriate, you need to have your Emirates ID.
3. How can you check the validity of your Emirates ID?
As we have mentioned before, you have to keep your Emirates ID updated. However, if you would like to check the validity of your Card first, you can do it in a few simple steps.
The validity of an Emirates ID Card refers to the expiry date of your document. Thus, it is important to know when it expires so you do not have to face a fine or a penalty.
You just have to do the following:
- Go to the ICA Smart Services Portal
- Select File Validity
- Enter your Emirate Unified Number, nationality and date of birth
- Click on search
After that, you will see all the details about your Emirates ID card, such as its validity.
4. How can you check your Emirates ID status?
To check your emirates id status you just have to follow 3 quick and easy steps. The best part is that you can check it using your laptop or smartphone. However, you need to have your Emirates ID tracking number or registration application number.
Next, you will have to do the following:
- If you are in the UAE, you can visit the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship website.
- Look for the section “Check ID Status” located on the right side
- Type your Emirates ID number or Application number without the hyphen
- Click on the arrow
- A window will appear with all the information about your Emirates ID
You will see your application number, type, Emirates ID number, current status and next step. And, lastly, you will see your Application History Log.
If you do not want to check it online, you can always call the authority.
5. What is the process to renew the Emirates ID?
Once you have checked the validity of your Emirates ID, you have to be aware of the expiry date to renew it when it is the right time. If you want to remain in the UAE, you need to renew your Emirates ID.
However, rest assured, that the government grants a 30-day grace period for Emirates ID renewal. And, during this period you will receive an SMS with a reminder. If you fail to renew it, after the grace period is over you will have to pay a late renewal fine of AED 20 for each day.
Therefore, to avoid this kind of situation, you have to renew it on time. Here’s what you need to do:
- Complete the Emirates ID Renewal Application form
- Pay the required fees
- Submit your form to a registered authority at the free zone or the GDRFA if it was issued on Mainland.
Once you carry out the renewal process, you will get your new Emirates ID Card.
6. What is the process to apply for an Emirates ID?
The process to apply for an Emirates ID is pretty straightforward. You have to do it when you are carrying out your application for a UAE Visa. Once you have received your residence visa stamp, you have to go to an accredited typing centre to obtain this document.
However, you can also obtain it through the ICP official website, by applying online. You have to choose the method that is simpler for you.
It is important to have the required documentation to apply. You will need to provide your birth certificate and passport. Moreover, if you apply in person, you will undergo fingerprint scans and eye scans. This is to store your biometric data in the Authority’s system.
And, once you want to renew it, you will not have to go through the scans once again.
In case you have a freelance visa or are the owner of a business, you can apply for your Emirates ID by yourself. And, if you are under an employment visa, your employer has to apply for it on your behalf.
But, if you find it very difficult to do it, you can always get support from experts. Here at Connect Middle East, we want to help you solve any issues you may have with immigration processes. Learn more about us and how we can help you.
7. How much does it cost to get an Emirates ID?
To calculate the cost of your Emirates ID you need to consider the expenses involved with the UAE Residence Visa. This is because the Emirates ID Card is included in the costs of your UAE Visa.
The total cost may vary depending on which Emirate you carry out the process. However, the price of the Emirates ID ranges from AED 2,500 to AED 7,000.
This is because the process for applying for a UAE Residence Visa includes the following costs:
- Entry permit: you have to pay a fee for your entry permit. This helps you enter the UAE and it is valid for 60 days. During that period you can carry out the processes to obtain your visa and Emirates ID.
- Medical check: it is mandatory to undergo a medical examination when you are applying for a UAE visa and Emirates ID.
- Emirates ID Application: The total price includes the application for the Emirates ID.
- UAE Visa stamping: you will get your visa stamped on your passport.
In relation to the Emirates ID Cost, the price varies depending on its validity:
- 1-year validity: AED 170
- 2-year validity: AED 270
- 3-year validity: AED 370
After you make the payments and once you get your visa stamp, you should receive your Emirates ID Card within 7-10.
8. How can you cancel your Emirates ID?
In some circumstances you have to cancel your Emirates ID:
- If you are leaving the UAE permanently.
- If you are going to change your job, you are setting up a business in Dubai, or you are applying for a new UAE Visa.
In this regard, you have to cancel your Emirates ID by following simple steps. You just have to submit your ID card to the immigration authority when you are submitting your visa cancellation.
9. What is the process to replace a lost Emirates ID?
It is important to take care of your documents to not lose them. You must keep them in a place where you can find them easily. However, in case you lost it, you have to get a new one immediately.
In addition, you have to carry out additional steps:
- Go to a police station. You have to file a report for your missing Emirates ID Card. Keep in mind that you will have to pay a fee of AED 70.
- Contact the FAIC to report your Emirates ID Card is lost. Make sure to do this within 7 days of losing it.
- Go to any FAIC office to apply for a new card. You will have to pay AED 300 for the card and AED 70 for the application fee. In case you are requesting a new one online, the cost will be AED 300 plus AED 40 for the application fee.
- Get your new Emirates ID Card at an Emirates Post Office.
10. We at Connect Middle East can help you with your Emirates ID status
Here at Connect Middle East, we want to support you with all your immigration needs. For this reason, we offer our Visa Services to help you overcome the challenges of getting your Visa and Emirates ID.
Moreover, we specialize in assisting investors that want to form a company in the UAE. We have the best packages with the most competitive rates, and our business solutions are catered to meet your demands. Furthermore, if you are looking for an office we have a wide range of work stations, rented offices and more.
We can help you with the following:
- PRO Services in Dubai
- HR outsourcing
- Business Licensing
- Foreign Direct Investment License
- Corporate Sponsorship Services
- DMCC Business License
- Dubai Offshore Company Setup
- Golden Visa Services
Are you interested in receiving assistance with your emirates id status? One of our consultants will gladly solve all of your questions. You just have to contact us at +971 43 316 688 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.